So, I’ve decided to give. Now what?
There are as many ways to give as there are people with a desire to do so. And we understand that what works for one donor may not be the best choice for another. Not to worry; your gift is as unique as you are. And we want the choices and the outcome to be tailored to you
Hundreds of people have become donors, making a gift – sometimes repeated gifts -- to A&M-Central Texas . And while the gifts are as different as the donors who gave them, they all have one thing in common: They know that it feels good to give.
And here’s another fact to consider: You don’t need to have personal wealth to make a big difference in the life of a University or our students. You just need to decide the amount you are most comfortable with, whether it is a “one-time” gift or multi-year pledge, how to effect it, and who or what it should benefit.
Gifts of Cash
A cash contribution can be one of the easiest ways to give to A&M-Central Texas , and the ability to make the gift completely online means that whether you are local or thousands of miles away, your support can be as convenient as sending an email. Make a gift online now.
Write a Check
Checks should be made payable to A&M-Central Texas and accompanied by the gift form and return via USPS with your check or credit card information to: Office of Advancement & Alumni Services Texas A&M University-Central Texas 1001 Leadership Place Killeen, Texas 76549
Other One-Time Gifts
- Appreciated securities (stocks and bonds): Fidelity Charitable (SM) describes the gift of appreciated securities as “one of the most tax efficient ways to give,” describing the benefits to both donor and recipient
- Real estate: Receive an income tax deduction for the fair market value of residential or commercial property upon donation, regardless of the original purchase price
- Personal property: Consolidating households? Downsizing? Retiring? You may have personal property that could benefit the University. Things like books, artwork, equipment, or collections can result in a significant gift, as well as a deduction of the appraised value
- Business or partnership interests: If you give A&M-Central Texas an interest in a business or interest in real estate or oil and gas partnerships, you pay no capital gains tax on any appreciation in the shares.
- Retirement assets: Did you know that the balance of your retirement plan may be donated as a part of your estate? When developing your estate plan, speak to your family, and then speak to us. We are here to help